Highlight and Partner Spotlight
This Year’s Angel Tree Sponsors
We’d like to thank all of this year’s Angel Tree sponsors, each of whom has been kind enough to host one of our Angel Trees this year. You can stop by any of the following businesses to pick up an Angel Tree gift tag. Then, return with your child’s gift – and make a foster child’s Christmas just a bit brighter!
- James G. Parker Insurance Associates (1753 E. Fir Ave., Fresno)
- Yellow Mug Coffee (1137 E. Champlain Dr., Fresno)
- Intrinsic Hair Salon (1158 E. Champlain Dr. #101, Fresno)
- Meraki Salon and Spa (1528 E. Champlain Dr. #109, Fresno)
- Peter Graveline (1243 E. Spruce Ave. Suite 105, Fresno)
- All About Smiles Dental (7025 N. Maple Ave. #101, Fresno)
- North Fresno Primary Care (1805 E. Fir Ave. Suite 101, Fresno)
- Lorenz & Associates (1753 E. Fir Ave. Suite 103, Fresno)
- PG&E – Berta Vargas (8 River Park Place East, Fresno)
- Bitwise Industries (700 Van Ness Ave., Fresno)
- Cell Pros (3075 W. Ashlan Ave., Fresno)
- Gymnastics Beat (4589 W. Jacquelyn Ave., Fresno)
- KSEE 24/CBS 47 (5035 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno)
- Howe Electric (4682 E. Olive Ave., Fresno)
- Little Leaf Tea (6011 N. Palm Ave., Fresno)
- Coleman & Horowitt, LLP (499 W. Shaw Ave. #116, Fresno)
- Brenntag Pacific, Inc. (175 N. Hughes Ave., Fresno)
- Executive Interiors (1287 W. Nielsen Ave., Fresno)
- CORE Business Interiors (7761 N. Ingram Suite 119, Fresno)
- Town and Country Dry Cleaning (7066 N. West Ave., Fresno)
- United Valley Insurance Services (3245 W. Figarden Dr., Fresno)
- Better Home and Garden Real Estate (1398 W. Herndon Ave. #205, Fresno)
- Realty ONE Group Infinity (7675 N. Ingram Ave. Suite 101, Fresno)
- PG&E – Darlene Prado (90 W. Ashlan, Clovis)
- Guarantee Real Estate (1275 N. Willow Ave., Clovis)
- America’s Kids in Motion (1205 N. Willow Ave., Clovis)
- Thomas Vu Dental (275 S. Madera Ave. #200, Kerman)
- Quizno’s (216 W. Merced St., Fowler)
- Clovis Glass Company (99 Sunny Side Ave., Clovis)
KYJO Rock Star Award
This Month’s Rock Star: Michelle De Leon
KYJO’s Rock Star award for this month goes to Michelle De Leon. Michelle is the administrative assistant for our Foster Family Agency. This year, Michelle was put in charge of our Angel Tree Gift Drive. Michelle has helped with the gift drive for the last two years, but this year she was given the responsibility of putting it all together. Michelle took on this challenge and excelled at contacting all the Angel Tree hosts, gathering all the necessary supplies, and delivering the Angel Trees.
Thank you Michelle for all your hard work in getting our Angel Trees together!
Residential Youth Homes - Highlights
Last month, some very deserving KYJO residents and staff were blessed with the opportunity to tour San Francisco for the first time in their lives! To see more pictures from the Golden Gate Bridge, the California Academy of Sciences, and other San Fran stops, be sure to check out our Facebook album from the trip.
Foster Family Agency - Highlights
Our Foster Family Agency Staff have been busy working as Santa’s helpers this month – getting our Angel Trees out to our community partners. Our KYJO kids’ wishes are now out in the community, waiting to be granted by generous community members like you.
KYJO would like to thank all our generous Angel Tree partners for hosting a tree this year. KYJO would also like to thank Michelle De Leon, our Foster Family Agency office assistant, for organizing this year’s gift drive. If you would like to participate in our 7th annual Angel Tree gift drive, stop by any of the locations listed at the start of this newsletter to pick up a gift tag – and give a foster child the gift of a Merry Christmas.
Mental Health Care - Highlights
What does it mean to be #FEARLESS? Recently, some of the KYJO crew sat down to talk about mental health – and what being #FEARLESS means to them.
Being #FEARLESS doesn’t mean adversity doesn’t affect you – it means you know adversity is coming, and you choose to face it head-on. Being #FEARLESS also means knowing to reach out for support when you need it!
If you or someone you know needs assistance with a mental health concern, be sure to reach out to us or one of the other local mental health resources listed below:
- Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health – 1-800-654-3937
- Community Behavioral Health Center – 559-449-8000
- NAMI Fresno Helpline – 770-286-6673
What Is Coming Is Better Than What Has Come Before
That might sound like a bold statement to make, but I truly believe it. And because I believe that statement is true, I am able to live my life in a grateful and hopeful state of mind.
When you live your life believing that the best is yet to come, you find yourself feeling blessed in every moment … even the tough ones. The breakthroughs I’ve seen in life have not come about when I’ve been focused on outcomes and end results. They’ve ALL come about as a result of me focusing, living my life with intention, and concentrating on the present moment.
As the New Year approaches, remember to focus on the present … because it creates your future!